Our Teaching Philosophy
* Knowing more steps does not mean dancing better. Our goal is to teach students how to feel comfortable in the embrace, communicate clearly with the partner and dance musically.
* The key to effortless dancing is body awareness. Knowledge and control of oneís own body frees the dancer to focus on the connection with the partner and the music. Awareness of the partnerís body allows for a gentler and more subtle communication.
* Musicality is an essential aspect of dancing and, as such, is integrated in every workshop.
* Tango should be fun. We always strive to maintain a relaxed atmosphere and encourage a tolerant attitude toward each personís abilities and limitations.
* Individual feedback is an essential part of the learning process and we strive to work personally with the students in class as much as possible.
Activities in NY & BA
Daniela Y Luis